How To Do Local SEO Guide 2020 - Local Citation - Local Business Listing
How To Do Local SEO?
SEO of your local citations or local business listing called local SEO. It helps you to optimize your website or businesses for local search in a local search environment. Local Optimization of services helps your business to reach potential targeted consumers with quality conversion and leads who use local search in preferred search engines to buy products or services over the internet.
Local SEO is a process that is applied on local citations where you mention your local business name, address and phone number to different business directories, apps, websites, social media platforms.
Top Local SEO Tips & Tricks For your Blog
- Make Sure to not hold any duplicate listing.
- Footer and header are two most common locations of your website for adding NAP.
- Setup your NAP with area code that must be crawlable like html text in your sky.
- Local search and mobile search must go hand in hand.
- Optimize your blog, business or website for Google my business.
- properly Create and optimize your products & services relevant and local information.
- Never forget to ensure whether your website is mobile friendly or not.
- Adding location pages to your website are recommended.
- Ensure your name, address and phone number are consistent on your online business or website.
- Optimize your online documents and citations available on your website.
- Focus on engagement over social media platforms and add posts to Google my business.
- Improve your internal linking structure of your web pages.
- Get important, reluctant and optimize inbound links.
- Optimize your site URL, meta tags and content property of your site.
Local Citation and Local Business Listing
Local Citation: Any online mention of your local business name, address and phone number locally called local citation. There are several seo tools that help you to find local citations such as WhiteSpark.
WhiteSpark is a seo tool that offers local business listing management. It recommends where to list your business, examines your competitors and competition, monitor your citation growth for better local search ranking.
Note: Although Local Business Listing is Important but from Google’s point of view content shared on social media is more important now than ever before. That is why it is recommended to share your Google My Business page on social Media platforms such as facebook.
Local Business Listing SEO Tools:
- WhiteSpark local citation finder for local business listing.
- Screaming frog.
- Moz Local.
Internal Linking In Local Business Listing
Internal linking is a process of linking web pages of your website. Along with site Navigation internal linking is also important as it helps with information architecture of website hierarchy while distributing pages authority and ranking power among internally linked web pages of your website.
Best advantage of Internal Linking is that it improves the user engagement in your site. Links on your site should be reasonable in number, natural, do-follow, deep link with relevant anchor text.
Tips for better internal linking:
- Create lots of content and optimize them properly in order to create lots of internal links
- Use relevant anchor text to your link.
- Focus on deep linking.
- It is recommended to not include too many links to the homepage of your webpage contents.
- Add contact us page only if required.
- Use natural links that can produce value to the reader.
- Links in the content of web page are a strong signal to both the search engine that’s why it should be quality link and really good for the users perspective
- deep links are considered most natural links in a content marketing strategy that exist within the structure of a site.
- Use relevant links to the source of content.
- Increase the number of do-follow that can increase and pass the link juice to a single page.
- In certain types of internet advertising, No-follow internal links would reduce their effectiveness because online advertisement search algorithms depend heavily on the valuable and authentic links of a website.
- Use a reasonable number of interns links.
- Avoid to use massive blocks of site-wide footer links. In 2013 many of sites who did so, were hit with an algorithm penalty for such practice.
Inbound Links - MAP Data Aggregator in Local Business Listing
Quality number of Inbound Links on your website tells Google that you are a legitimate company. Quality links help to raise domain authority.
Tips to Get Inbound Links:
- Sponsorship or partnership.
- Guest Blog post.
- Recommended to start with your own personal network.
- Get sponsorship by becoming influencer
- Act as a resource provided for the community.
Map Data Aggregator
Companies that aggregate a large database of online existing along with lost consumer and business data called local data aggregator. These data aggregator companies source, clean up and distribute individual and business data such as NAP to publishers, marketers and service providers based on location like search engines, social media sites etc.
Ex: Sometimes you get a direct email, online advertisement, check-in offer, or call from marketing companies whom you don’t know, 95% possibility that it may be the part of data aggregation performed by data aggregator companies.
There are four Map Data Aggregators that provide a large amount of map data for us regarding your local listing ideas.
- Express Update
- Neustar localeze
- My business listing manager